Tuesday, January 5, 2010

No new house

We're not going to move. Sweetie has decided that selling this house in the dead of winter is just a bad idea, and besides that, he was not very happy with the condition of the foreclosed house down the street.

Yes, I'm disappointed. It would have been awesome to have more space for our family, and I know Twirler would have been much happier with a room of her own. Not to mention the big kitchen, the family room, the extra bathroom, and all of the other benefits of the bigger house. Oh well.

My college classes started yesterday, but aside from one short assignment, I haven't been working on my school work. I know I should be more motivated, but I'm having trouble finding the desire to go back to school right now. I'm only doing it because I feel like I have to, and that's the worst reason in the world to sign up for classes.

I did finish five of the birthday blocks yesterday, which made me feel pretty good. Quilting is always something that recharges my batteries and brightens my day. Too bad it's hard to make money as a quilter!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't going back to school because you have to and not feeling motivated at all sort of a huge waste of time and money?

    If you know you're doing it for the wrong reasons and aren't motivated, why do it at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping the lack of motivation is only temporary. Maybe I'll feel better once I get back to work on my degree. With only two quarters to go, it seems stupid to not work on it.

    ReplyDelete