Thursday, January 28, 2010

Staying in place

We talked to our realtor this afternoon. Unfortunately, we will lose at least $6000 if we sell our house right now, in addition to all of the money required to fix that other house. She said it would be worth it if we were going to stay here for another 10 years or so, but for only two years, she doesn't think it would be a good idea.

I'm sad about it, but at the same time, I'm relieved that I don't have to pack up all of our stuff right this minute.

It's also nice to know that I can spend some money on my family again, too. I've been hoarding money for the last month or so, just in case the housing situation worked out for us. Now that I know that it's not going to work, I feel less stressed out over the finances.

Picking out a new kitchen sink will be more fun now, since I know that it will be MY kitchen sink instead of someone else's. It's always nicer to fix things around the house when you get to live with the results. I wonder how much of the basement I can finish myself....

No comments:

Post a Comment