Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Not as bad as predicted

The so-called ice storm turned out to be mostly rain. Yes, the sidewalks and streets were covered in a thin layer of ice this morning, but it wasn't bad. I put down a path of ice melt along the driveway, so I could get Princess on her school van this morning. Everyone made it to school and work without problems today.

Twirler has an orthodontist appointment today. I now know that my oldest son's weird tooth is due to my side of the family; Twirler has the exact same problem, with one of her teeth growing out of her gums on the right hand side of her upper mouth. I vaguely remember Mom telling me that her little brother had an "extra" tooth that had to be removed when he was little, and there's the possibility that one or more of my brothers had the same problem at some point.

I'm going to see my doctor this afternoon, to check on my fight against anemia and to get my medication adjusted. I hate being on anti-depressants! I wish I could go back to where I was last year: medication-free, fairly healthy, and reasonably happy with my life. So much has changed, and there's no going back.

I had trouble falling asleep last night. I have an important decision to make soon, and I'm having a very hard time with it. I wish things were different. I know that I need to do something that is going to absolutely break my heart, but I also know that it needs to be done. I keep putting it off, but I'm not going to be able to run away forever. It just hurts so much. And I'm tired of the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment