After Shakespeare's hockey practice and Twirler's baton practice, I took Twirler shopping with me.
We went to one of the quilt shops, where I learned that my daughter has become a fan of the local college football team and wants a purse made with the licensed fabrics. This is despite the fact that we are not native to this area, nor are we big football fans. I guess she's picking it up from school. The people around here sure love their college football team, despite its less than stellar record.
Then we returned to the yarn shop and picked out some washable yarn for Twirler's first knitting project. Yes, I'm going to teach her how to knit. After that, I'll teach her how to crochet. I'm still working on the quilting lessons for her and Shakespeare; that's more difficult because of the lack of space for their sewing machine. (No, I'm not going to share mine. That isn't a machine for kids, trust me.)
After that, I picked up two pairs of Levi's for the boys, and I let Twirler spend her birthday money on a musical jewelry box and some candy. The commissary was our last stop for the day. I overfilled the shopping cart and ended up with over $300 worth of groceries. Other than bread and milk, we shouldn't need another shopping trip until next payday. At least, I hope we don't!
No comments:
Post a Comment