Thursday, January 7, 2010

A blustery, snowy day

The kids are home from school again today. The road conditions are horrible, and the wind chill is around -20 degrees. For the most part, the kids are playing quietly, but I can tell that they are tired of being stuck in the house. They only had two days of school following their long holiday break, and now they can't even go play outside. Poor kids.

I'm already neglecting my school work, which does not bode well for this quarter. Having the kids home isn't helping very much; there is no such thing as peace and quiet when you have five young children in the house. Once Sweetie gets home from work, I'll hide in my room for a while and study.

Today's home improvement project is my bedroom. It's pretty cluttered and unorganized right now. My goal is to pack up the stuff we don't need in here, then rearrange the room to allow me to watch my fitness podcasts on TV while spinning on my bicycle. It's time for me to get in shape; I've been trying to take my prescribed iron (654% of the daily allowance) for the past two months, so I should be healthier now than I was in October. It's safe for me to start exercising, and cycling is my favorite sport. I wonder how much work I can get done today?

No comments:

Post a Comment