Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Well, that was a surprise

The house down the street was recently re-listed by another real estate company. Unlike the last one, this company is requiring $3000 in earnest money before an offer can be made for the house. I'm guessing that someone bid on the house then pulled out at the last minute; if they didn't put any earnest money down, they were able to simply walk away from the deal without any financial repercussions. That would explain the change in companies, as well as the earnest money requirement.

Thankfully, we're expecting our tax refund early next month.

I'm pretty calm about all of this now. If things work out, we'll get a bigger house. If not, at least we tried. I'm watching for sales on kitchen appliances, just in case. I spend way too much time at the home improvement store, daydreaming about what I want to get for that house. The previous owners even removed the knobs from the kitchen cabinets, so there's going to be quite a bit of stuff for me to choose for the house. It's fun to shop, even if I'm not buying anything until everything gets settled.

I picked out new faucets for our current house tonight. The ones that came with the house are horribly cheap, as well as ugly, so it's time for a change. I'm going to replace all three of them (two bathrooms and the kitchen) at the same time, since I have to turn off the main water supply to the house in order to install any one of them. Why do that for one sink when I can do it for three? The next step is to actually find the water valve. I'm not very good at plumbing, so I have some research to do. This will be good practice for me, since I'll want to buy better faucets for the new house, too.

Sweetie had to get up at 5 this morning, and the kids woke up at the same time. Tonight will be a good night to take a relaxing bath. I hope that everyone sleeps through the night tonight, and that the kittens will stay away from my face for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment