Tuesday, December 29, 2009

An off day

I went to bed around 9 p.m. last night, despite the fact that the girls were still awake. Twirler kept sending Starbuck out to snitch cookies from the kitchen; I know this because there is no way that little Starbuck could have eaten 15 chocolate chip cookies all by herself, and Twirler made absolutely no effort to keep her little sister from escaping the bedroom. I was just too tired to move, and I was certainly too tired to defend the cookies.

Unfortunately, going to bed early did not translate to getting enough sleep. Starbuck was still running around the house at midnight, and she climbed in bed with me several times for short snuggles. I finally got her to go to bed, and stay in bed, but it really interfered with my ability to get the rest I needed.

Someone slammed my bedroom door at 4:30 this morning. It was probably Spot. The kids usually get up early on weekends and no-school days, and they almost always shut our bedroom door to keep us from discovering that they are up way too early. Unfortunately, Spot has never been known for subtlety, and that is why I suspect that he was the culprit who slammed the door. I went back to sleep after that, but Sweetie had to get up for work two hours later, so I still ended up without adequate sleep.

I was in bed for 12 hours, and I feel like a zombie today. I hope I can get some quality sleep tonight. I really need it.

Yesterday afternoon, I picked up most of the fabrics that I need for the birthday quilt block swap this year. I'm washing them today, in four separate color groups, and I'm looking forward to making the blocks. There's more than enough fabric here to make two of each block, so I might make myself a quilt out of copies of the blocks I'm sending out. We'll see how energetic I feel when it's time to create all of these blocks.

I am not looking forward to going back to school next week. I'm having enough trouble keeping up with everything that I want or need to do as it is. Adding a bunch of college classes to my schedule just makes me feel that much more overwhelmed. Maybe it will be easier once the kids go back to school.

Sweetie hasn't said anything more about the house down the street. I'm not sure if he's just waiting to see if the price will drop even lower, or if he's truly given up on buying it. Our Realtor encouraged us to place a low bid on it soon, because she thinks that someone is going to buy it, warts and all. In all honesty, it is worth a LOT more than the sale price, and we could use that built-in equity to fix up the basement and greatly improve the value of the house. Or someone else will do the same thing.

Time to go get some coffee or other caffeinated drink, so I can finally start my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment