Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Too much snow

The public snowplows here left a huge pile of snow at the base of our driveway yesterday afternoon. Sweetie's car and Princess' school van had trouble trying to get in and out of our driveway because of the snow boulder blocking the exit. Other houses in our neighborhood have the same problem, unfortunately. I hope my snow removal company arrives soon!

I just signed up to swap quilt blocks with other quilters next year. Basically, we make blocks for everyone else's birthdays, and we receive blocks from everyone on our own birthday. I think it sounds like fun. One quilter has requested Yoni (a name for female genitalia) quilt blocks for her quilt; she's making it to raise money for a local domestic abuse shelter in conjunction with V-Day events in 2011. She's not asking for anything graphic, just something subtle. Should be an interesting challenge. I simply requested bright colors and a springtime theme for my blocks. I need something cheerful.

After a great deal of thought, I ordered an Accuquilt Go! for myself yesterday morning. I really want their studio cutter, but I can't get one at wholesale cost, and there's no way I'm going to buy something that expensive without being absolutely sure that I'll use it. The system I ordered is pretty versatile, and if I do end up with the studio cutter later on, I am sure that I can still use the Go for smaller projects. Plus, with personal experience using the system, I'll know whether or not to offer it to my customers. From what I've seen so far, I'm pretty sure that I'll be happy with it. If I'm not, at least I didn't pay retail cost for it!

I discovered another house for sale in our neighborhood. It's much cheaper than the one around the corner from us, mostly because it doesn't have a finished basement and it's a bank-owned repossession. We're discussing the viability of trying to sell our current home to buy that one. I guess we'll see what happens. It would be awesome to have a four bedroom house for a change, but qualifying for another mortgage may be tough right now.

Now that it's a bit warmer outside, I guess it's time to go work on the driveway. I'm pretty disappointed that I have to do it myself, especially after I talked to the snow removal company last night about the need for them to come out here again. Oh well. Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment