Our mortgage application is being processed, and we are now waiting to see what happens next. If we get approved, then we can start working on the next step in the process of buying a bigger house.
A part of me doesn't want to move. I know our house is much too small for our family, but it's right next to the elementary school, and I have an awesome quilting loft upstairs. Moving means losing my quilting loft. It also means going back to driving the kids to and from school each day. I've gotten rather spoiled by being able to send the kids to school just by opening my front door and watching them walk around the corner.
Moving also means packing up all of our belongings, which is a huge undertaking. We're both pack rats, in our own ways. We have hobbies that require lots of bulky stuff. The kids have lots of toys that they love to play with (we rotate the toys periodically). Then there's the furniture. Moving those heavy couches and tables won't be fun, and my humongous quilting machine is going to be painful to take apart and transport.
I guess we'll see what happens next. Even if we are pre-approved for a new mortgage, we can still opt to stay in this house. Nothing is set in stone at this point.
No comments:
Post a Comment