Sunday, December 27, 2009

A long list of things to do

As far as I know, a final decision has not yet been made about the house down the street. Rather than try to force my husband to make up his mind, I've been working on quilts this weekend and trying not to think about everything that I could be doing to prepare this house for market.

I really think he's decided against it, even though I think the bigger house (and lower mortgage payment) would be better for everyone in the long run. In the short run, money is an issue, as well as time and energy that he does not want to devote to packing and moving. We haven't discussed it very much lately, mostly because he doesn't want to upset me by saying that there's no way he's going to buy that house. He keeps telling me that with a little bit of work, our current house really wouldn't be that bad.

It's really frustrating.

I did all I could. At this point, I just need to try and let it go. I'm really unhappy about this, but he can be as stubborn as I am.

For 2010, I joined a group of quilters for a birthday quilt block swap. We received the list of requests last night, so I think today will be a good day to go shopping for the fabrics I'll need to finish all of their blocks. Maybe that will help me keep my mind off of the fact that we're throwing away a great opportunity to get a bigger house for our family.

Who am I trying to fool?

No comments:

Post a Comment