Life has been pretty busy this week. I've been studying, knitting, and playing with my kids, so I haven't been on the computer very often.
We had Spot's IEP appointment on Thursday, and it was wonderful to see how much the teachers enjoy working with our troubled son. He's making very good progress on his sight words, and his writing is slowly getting more legible. His helpers were even able to convince him to eat school lunches, something that he absolutely refused to do earlier this school year. He's a sweet little boy. I just wish we knew what was wrong with him, so we could do more to help him.
I put up a chore chart for the kids last night. In the past, chore charts have never really worked, but I need to try again. Maybe my older children will actually step up and help out around here. That would be so awesome! They did a lot better when Daddy was gone, but for whatever reason, they often refuse to work now. There's only so much that we can take away from them, and they are smart enough to realize that we won't take away their team sports in the middle of the season. We'll see if the chart works.
Don't forget to support your local Girl Scout troops by buying cookies. :)
I've been doing some knitting just about every day this week. Not a lot, since there is never enough time for it, but a few minutes here and there do add up. I'm making a heavy lace shawl for Twirler, so she'll have something pretty to wear to school this spring. It's a neutral color, sort of a beige with a hint of grey, so it should coordinate with most of her outfits. I just hope that she won't lose it when the cool mornings turn into warm afternoons.
My college quarter will be ending soon, so I'm trying to get all of my work finished a little early. If all goes well, my oldest son and his girlfriend will be visiting during spring break, and I want to have time after I finish my classes to clean the house in preparation for their visit. After spring break, I will have a full load of classes to finish in order to graduate this spring. I'm looking forward to finally being done with my degree!
It's that time of year again. Palmer chocolate Easter bunnies are available in stores. There's just something about their chocolate that I just love; it's probably because we always got Palmer bunnies in our Easter baskets when we were growing up. They were always my favorite treat.
Our two little kittens are snuggled together in their bed right now. Midnight is finally putting on some weight, and they are both healthy and happy. Starbuck just came in and covered the kitties with a small blanket; she is always trying to make sure that they are tucked in when they are in their little cat bed.
The weather might be nice enough for a zoo visit this afternoon. That would be fun for the kids, since they hate being stuck indoors all of the time. Maybe Sweetie will take them by himself, so I can get some more work done here. It would be nice to be able to work without interruptions for a change. We'll see if he's up to that. I don't blame him if he's not. Our children are definitely challenging.
No comments:
Post a Comment