Sunday, February 7, 2010

Worrying about the kitten

Our little female kitten, Midnight, is not doing well. She hasn't gained any weight in the last two weeks, and she's very lethargic. The vet was worried when she saw her on Friday, and she asked me to isolate Midnight from her brother and see how well she's eating on her own. She isn't eating nearly enough, and she's even more tired today than she was before.

She never purrs, either. That is NOT a good sign.

Lucky tries to play with her, but she just doesn't want to play. She just growls at him and walks away. Something is seriously wrong with our little kitten, and I plan to take her back to the vet as soon as possible. I don't want her to get any worse.

I did not have a very good weekend. I didn't get very much accomplished, and that really bothers me. I hope this week will be better, although it's not going to get off to a very good start.

I see my dentist first thing tomorrow morning. I hate going to the dentist. I'd rather go through childbirth. Oh well. Has to be done. Just don't expect me to be happy about it.

2 comments:

  1. I had a dentist appointment week before last, turned out to be good news, no cavities, huzzah! But dentist appt. do indeed suck.

    Our kitty, Elle, never purrs either, but the other stuff, the lethargy and not eating is definitely not right. I'll ask Caitlin as she works with animals or rather is the most knowledgeable about pets. But hopefully the vet won't have too bad of news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Midnight used to purr. That's the biggest reason I'm worried about her. She used to be just as noisy as her brother, but now, she just walks around in a daze or sleeps much, much more than is normal for a healthy kitten.

    Congrats on being cavity free!

    ReplyDelete