Sunday, February 21, 2010

One semester to go!

In about a month, I will be starting my final semester of college. Graduation is just a few short months away. After more than two decades, and nine children, I will finally earn my bachelor's degree.

My oldest child (and his girlfriend) will be graduating from his college the very same day.

This last semester is going to be brutal, though. I need to take 16 hours in order to fulfill all of my remaining requirements, and that is not going to leave me with very much time to do anything but study for those last three months of college.

I'm nervous and excited at the same time. It's not going to be easy, but I am looking forward to being able to say that I am a college graduate. (Although, technically, I already am, since I have three associate's degrees, but they don't really count. A four-year degree is much more prestigious.)

For now, I am working hard to finish my two classes this quarter. I'm also doing my best to prepare myself and my family for that last big push towards my degree.

1 comment:

  1. I took 16 hours my last semester, too. It wasn't easy, but I got through it. Even with getting pregnant & being exhausted throughout the last 3 months of school. You can do it! Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete