My sixth child, Shakespeare, likes to wake up extremely early in the morning. Today, he turned on the TV around 5 a.m., and since the TV is next to my bedroom wall, it woke us up.
I am not a morning person.
No matter how tired I am at night, I can't get to sleep before 11 p.m. most of the time. I've been like this my entire life. When I was in basic training, with its forced pre-dawn reveilles, I still had trouble falling asleep on time. Shakespeare, on the other hand, can't seem to stay awake late on most nights, and he wakes up ridiculously early just about every day of the year.
Even worse, he's cheerful in the mornings. How two night owls like me and Sweetie produced an early bird is beyond me, but we still love him.
I really wish I could get a good night's rest for a change. I certainly need one right now.
The opposite of an owl is a Lark. Also, the science behind sleep cycles says that even if one parent is an owl, the kids will likely be one, so Shakespeare ought to be an owl.
ReplyDeleteI can't go to bed early to save my life, unless I develop a schedule to get up early, so I'd almost jump at the opportunity to wake up with my little Lark brother, I could use the discipline!
Good luck!
I would think that sleep cycles, like all genetic predispositions, would follow the dominant/recessive genetic rules. In other words, it's entirely possible for two Owls to have a child who is a Lark, if both parents carry the recessive gene for Larks.
ReplyDeleteEither way, I wish he would be quieter in the mornings, when he decides to wake up earlier than the rest of the family.