Thursday, September 9, 2010

Dragon*Con 2010

Sweetie and I were able to leave the kids behind for a week, so we could attend Dragon*Con in Atlanta.  It was our first real vacation alone together since our oldest daughter was born in 1999.  Needless to say, our marriage required us to get away for a change.

We didn't do nearly as much as we would have liked to do, simply because it's a rather overwhelming experience.  I helped out a couple of the tracks as a staff member, and Sweetie basically wandered around and tried to absorb the chaos of the convention.  Dragon*Con isn't an average sci-fi convention.  It is one of the largest conventions in the country (and possibly the world), and the sheer magnitude of the things to see and do is incredible.

We are still recovering from the trip.  If I didn't have to go out in a few minutes, I'd join my toddler and take a nap.  We did have fun on our vacation, and I think we ironed out a few of our problems just by talking during that long, long drive to and from Atlanta.  It was well worth the expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment