I decided to give spinning a try this year. Since I'm so new at this, I decided to buy an inexpensive drop spindle and one braid of ready-to-spin fleece. From the first day, I was hooked! My yarn may not be all that pretty, but it's MY yarn, handmade by me. I ended up buying another braid of fleece to use during the Tour, and I plan to start as soon as I finish a couple of assignments for college.
It's amazing that something so simple can bring me so much happiness.
The yarn on the drop spindle is part of my first braid of roving, in a color called "Electric Rose Garden." The braid next to the spindle is my Tour de Fleece roving, and the dyer calls the colorway, "Kaylee's Jacket." She was inspired by the jacket worn by Kaylee during the pilot episode of Firefly. I love the colors!

Your projects always sound like such fun. I have a grandmother who makes her own yarn. She does the drop spindle as well as the spinning wheel. I've done the drop spindle and it becomes addicting. Enjoy! I love the colors in the braid you have in the photo. What are you planning to make once its spun?
ReplyDelete