I am making a big push to finish my degree this fall. Unlike this winter, I am actually feeling good about school, and it looks like I'm going to have a good quarter this time around.
Unfortunately, summer quarter presents a lot of challenges, since my children are home all of the time now. If all of them actually got along, it wouldn't be bad, but that isn't the case. My oldest daughter and fifth son seem to hate each other right now. They are constantly fighting, pushing each other's buttons every chance they get, and trying their best to hurt each other. Every now and then, they will play together like the best of friends, but so far this summer, that hasn't been happening very often. It's pretty sad. I hope that they outgrow this stage soon, so we can have some peace in our household for a change.
My youngest three children are almost always nice to each other, and they will play together for hours without fighting or yelling.
At the beginning of the quarter, I enrolled in an online textbook service, where I paid a fraction of the cost for the textbook and could read the book on any computer with internet access. I could even print out pages, if necessary. Thankfully, they had a return policy, because just trying to read the first chapter online was a major pain in the neck (literally, as well as figuratively). I was able to order the hardcover textbook in time for the quiz this weekend, but it was three times the cost of the electronic version, and that hurts. I hate spending money on textbooks, especially since they are worth next to nothing when you are done using them. Oh well. Such is the price we pay for an education.
I have several assignments due tomorrow. I think the kids are getting an early dinner tonight, just in the hopes of having a little extra studying time tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment