Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Blur

The month of March has passed by in a blur for me. I can't believe it's almost April! Sweetie started a new job at the end of February, and it involves rotating shifts. He's been working mostly evenings and overnight shifts, and as much as I've tried to stay on a normal schedule, it hasn't been easy.

I'm tired all of the time now.

I have trouble going to sleep at night because of this. I've always been a night owl, and the temptation to stay up late is very strong. When Sweetie was working normal hours, it was much easier to go to bed at a reasonable time, since all of us had to get up in the morning. Now, I am enjoying the peace and quiet too much.

Thankfully, this week is spring break for the kids. I have been able to get away with sleeping in a little later because I don't have to get them off to school in the mornings. This won't last, though, so I need to find a way to get myself back on track. I may make up a bed in the basement for Sweetie, so he doesn't disrupt my sleep schedule as much (and so he can sleep in the daytime, which he needs to do after those murderous overnight shifts). We'll see how it works out. Something has to be done, but it doesn't have to be done right now.

I just hope that I can get back to a normal life soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment