Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A little better

After having so much trouble feeling connected to the world, I went ahead and reduced my anti-depressant medication this week. It seems to be helping. I feel more alive than I've felt in months, and that's definitely a welcome change.

Of course, it also makes me more emotional in general, so I find myself crying much more easily than I have since I started taking those pills. But that's okay! I like being able to experience life, with all of its ups and downs. Being a zombie just isn't my thing. I'm thankful that I had the medication when I needed it, but unlike many of my friends, I just don't see the benefits of staying on mind-altering medications for long periods of time.

Today was the first day in nearly a month that I used my quilting machine. Yesterday, Sweetie and I discussed selling the machine for what I still owe on it, mostly because I'm not earning any money with it. Since I've slowed down on my quilt making this year, even I was starting to think it wasn't worth keeping. Late last night, I received an e-mail from one of my customers, asking me to attend tonight's quilt guild meeting, so her cousin can give me a quilt to finish. Tonight, I received the quilt, and my customer told me that she has a bunch more quilt tops for me to quilt later on this month. I'm going to keep my quilting machine for a while longer! :)

I have a knitting meeting to attend tomorrow night. I'm going to print out my first shawl pattern and see if other knitters can give me honest feedback about my design. I love designing my own patterns, and I wish I had more time to knit all of them.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to go without sleep once in a while? I could get so much accomplished, if only I didn't have to sleep so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment